- Cottages with one and two bedrooms
- Bathroom with shower
- Double and single bed, baby cot on request
- Fireplace and wood for heating
- Wireless internet
- Solar power
- Gas generated refrigerator
- Fully Equipped Kitchen or kitchenette
- Light for reading over the double beds
- Light and hot water in bathroom
- Candles and oil lamps for lighting
- Solar panels for fridge
- Cleaning and change of bed linen and indoor towels twice a week
- Common Barbeque
Makrigialos Ierapetra - Sustainable Holiday
One, two and three room cottages.
Aspros Potamos, "White River" is a goupe of 10 holiday cottages steeped in nature and history, offering peace, tranquillity spirituality and simplicity. A place where the earth, stars and river reveal their true unadulterated beauty and magnificence. A place to restore the soul and the spirit and to dream.
Only sustainable electricity, no traffic, the silence only interrupted by the twittering of the birds, the soft chirruping of cicadas, the gentle babbling of the river as it flows down from the mountains past the cottages to the sea.
This is the place to seek nature, wonderful walks and a look back in history. A holiday with no footprints left in the environment and only renewable resources used. WiFi is included in the price.
The cottages and the environment of Pine Valley offers a truly alternative and sustainable holiday. The small restored stone built cottages are around 300 years old. They are lit by candles and oil lamps. The only electrical installation is the solar photovoltaic system that harness the energy for refrigerators, showers and other smaller objects. But dont worry your laptop and phone can be charged in the reception, free of charge.
The cottages have from 1 to 4 rooms, they are simple and comfortably furnished with many antiques from the villages around. There is a small kitchen area, Shower and WC, 2 to 5 beds, some double and some single. Every cottage has a patio or terrace offering shade and beautiful views.
Due to Mirto's loving care Aspros Potamos is run with care and affection. Mirtos also has an art and jewellery shop in seaside village of Makri Gialos less than 2 kilometres away.
- House 1, studio for 3 persons:
- House 2, two bedroom for 5 persons:
- House 3, two bedrooms for 5 persons
- House 4, one bedroom for 3 persons
- House 5, one bedroom for 3 persons
- House 6, 2 bedrooms for 4 persons
- House 7, 2 bedroom for 4 persons
- House 8, one bedroom for 2 persons
- House 9, studio for 1 - 2 persons
- House 10, studio for 2 persons
The area of Magrigialos
The area of Ierapetra is the southernmost area facing the African coast, Ierapetra enjoys the smoothest, almost rainless weather in Europe, with a temperature that rarely drops below 12 degrees Celsius all year around! Ierapetra is built on the longest beach in Crete, offering an endless choice of beaches, some sandy and some with a coarse and blackish sand and always enjoying the clean and deep crystal blue "sometimes" turquoise sea that is far away from industrial areas and shipping lanes. All major beaches of Ierapetra from Mirtos to Makrigialos are awarded the European Committee's BLUE FLAG AWARD every year.
|Heraklion Airport||84 km|
|Agios Nikolaos Town||46 km|
|Rethymnon Town||146 km|
|Chania Airport||182 km|
|Sandy Beach||2 km|
|Golf Course||64 km|