Amazing Crete travel offer bookings at the accommodations in our program.
Duration of bookings
The minimum duration of a booking is for 3 days. Exceptions from this is high season July, August and some times September. In high season the minimum is often 7 nights. Bookings for more than a month will often be at a different rate, please ask for a quote.
Amendments or alterations
A charge of 50 Euro can be asked for amendments or alterations to your original booking to cover administration costs. This charge depends on the administration involved in your change. We will advise you prior to any change if there is to be a charge.
For further information on booking and payment conditions, please read the following:
1. Rental Agreement: A rental agreement will exist with amazing Crete travel when we have received your deposit payment and we have issued a booking confirmation.
2. Deposit: In order to confirm your booking a deposit is paid on booking. There are 2 ways of paying the balance:
- On arrival to the owner or manager at the location. If you prefer you can transfer the balance to the owners bank account up to 2 weeks before your arrival. Please ask for the bank details.
- Or the balance is to be paid from 4 to 8 weeks before arrival. This depends on the owner of the property.
3. Deposit refund. Your deposit can be refunded if we receive a cancellation in writing within 14 days of your booking confirmation not closer to your arrival than 6 weeks for villas and 12 days for hotels and apartments, after this the deposit is non refundable.
4. Please Note; In the case that you are paying the balance on arrival, we ask you to confirm your arrival and arrival details minimum 2 weeks before your arrival. If we do not give this information on to the owner/manager of your holiday accommodation, your booking can be cancelled with no refund to you.
4. Travel insurance is strongly recommended as it covers cancellations on medical grounds or death in the family, the claim has to be supported by a doctor’s note. Travel insurance will also cover lost luggage, any medical expenses incurred while on holiday and has to be supported by an appropriate document showing any payments made or losses sustained. Repatriation and air ambulance is provided in some cases under the terms and conditions of the travel insurance. Please check with your provider for these details and if there are any special clauses.
5. Accommodation: Accommodation is only for the use of those people named at the time of booking and if you wish to add members to your party, you should advise in writing, with any extra payment due.
Accommodation is available to you at the earliest between 13:00 to 16:00 pm on date of arrival and we would appreciate that you vacate by 11:00 on date of departure. Late departure can only happen after agreement with the management. In case of neglecting to vacate the premisses according to the agreement in the booking conditions, this can incur a fine from 50€ depending on the severity of the problems accrued by your late departure.
The accommodation cost includes, electricity, linen, towels, and cleaning prior to arrival. The accommodation is also cleaned and a change of linen and towels provided twice a week, unless other conditions are specified. Any damage or breakage should be notified and appropriate payment made to our local representative or to the owner/manager, prior to your departure.
In some cases the owners ask for a holding deposit in cash or card payment authorisation in case of any damages. This will be released on your departure if no damages has been done.
6. Cancellations: we require to be advised as soon as you have decided to cancel so as we can provide you with a document showing any payments made. The deposit is nonrefundable after the first 2 weeks after booking.
Travel insurance providers will refund your payments according to the terms of the policy that you have purchased when any claims are made supported by the relevant documents.
7. Liabilities: Your booking is subject to the terms and conditions of companies or persons that supply services to the Principals of Amazing Crete Travel. We have taken all reasonable care in selecting the accommodation and compiling the information, but as we arrange accommodation through third parties, changes do sometimes occur. If we consider that your holiday may be affected we will endeavour to inform you prior to your arrival. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with a holiday, caused by any matter outside our reasonable control. We do not accept any liability for the cancellation of your holiday as a result of war, threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, acts of government, closure of airports or similar events beyond our reasonable control. We cannot be held liable for any failure in public utilities nor can we accept liability for any inconvenience, discomfort or annoyance you may suffer, on building works being carried out on properties over which we have no control.
8. Complaints: Your holiday enjoyment is of prime importance to us. In the event that you have cause for complaint whilst on holiday you must immediately report the matter to our representative in Crete, (details of which are given on your booking documents) so that we and our suppliers have the opportunity to resolve the matter on the spot. Until we are aware of a problem or complaint we cannot begin to resolve it.
9. Conditions: Any failure of one part of the contract does not mean the failure of the entire contract. When accepting your booking, it will be understood that you are agreeing to the Booking Conditions on behalf of all members of your party.
12. Payments: You can pay by bank transfer or by credit/debit card . There is charge for online payments using a credit or debit card. The charge is made by the the credit card banking system, Visa, Master Card, Euro card. We do not take any of this amount.
13. Amazing Crete Travel is registered in Denmark:
Company registration CVR 26056802 and operate under Danish company laws, therefore all disputes have to be dealt with according to Danish company regulations.